[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Juergen Schinker ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 26 11:31:00 UTC 2009

> What? Both of them?

well i have far more

> Not only are there far fewer LLU ISPs than BT-based ISPs, switching from
> one LLU to another is, by all accounts, a world of pain.

could bee but i would choose this way if i would switch from LLU to LLU

> Granted BT get some of the money (twice as I pay them and the ISP pays
> them) but somebody has to physically lay and look after the copper and
> I'm quite happy to pay so it's not me.

this must not be BT and should not be

the market needs to be liberalized and BT forced to sell the last mile
or rent it to a very reasonable price ...

only that would break their monopol (thanks maggie)

but who knows maybe wireless will bring movement to the market

as soon as private companys start laying their own wires/networks prices
will drop and bandwith will increase
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk