[Gllug] Testing spam filter

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Mar 8 18:23:35 UTC 2009

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> t.clarke wrote:
>> "If you don't get any spam, its working....."
>>
>> what about 'false positives' where the filter rejects genuine maiol as spam?
>>

> Then, if the filter is configured correctly,  the sender of the genuine
> email will be notified that the message was thought to be spam.

With the proviso that this must be done *only* by refusing the original
e-mail at the point of delivery, and never by sending an e-mail back
saying, "We don't like your e-mail".  Systems which do the latter are a
right royal pain in the **** because they inevitably send the
notification to an innocent third party.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk