[Gllug] tiscali problem

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Mar 3 20:45:26 UTC 2009

Dylan wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 March 2009, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd ask if
>> there was a known fix which I should just phone up and demand?
>>

> Change ISP
>
> Dylan

I don't know what your IP is, however, I do know that some "development"
or "testing" IPs were released back into the amin IP pool and that many
routers on the internet have been configured to drop any packets with
these IPs as the originating or destination addresses.  The only
solution is to request an IP from a  different subnet from your ISP.  If
your ISP won't give it to you, you will have to change ISPs.  Of course,
this might not be your problem, it just exactly matches a problem that I
had a while back and the only solution was to change ISPs.  Be sure to
document the issue thoroughly, raise the issue repeatedly with your ISP
support desk, and then use this as your reason to leave your ISP.

Andrew Farnsworth
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk