[Gllug] VirginMedia or Urban Wi-Max experiences

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu Mar 5 11:00:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:27:42AM +0000, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> 2009/3/4 Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk>:
> I'm happy with internet only through Virgin cable.  I use a VoIP box
> for my home phones and was even on their free 50mbps trial for almost
> two years.

I also have virgin internet and while it is true they do traffic shape to
hell, the bandwidth it is brought down to I find adequate. During the night
it appears to be turned off.

The reason I stick with them is I down quite alot of stuff at times,
in excess of 40GiB a month, a level many ISPs would cry foul about, I have
never had a single word of complaint about my usage level from Virgin.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk