[Gllug] VirginMedia or Urban Wi-Max experiences

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Mar 5 12:08:55 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009, John Winters wrote:

> but ask yourself *why* you want one of
> the big providers.  It almost inevitably means you'll get worse service.

The situation here is as follows:
All providers (other than Virgin) require an extant BT line, even though there
are several LLU providers available. Since there is not currently a line to
the flat, that means there is no choice but to take out a minimum 12month BT
connection (including a phone which I don't want/will never use.) BT tell me
they will connect the property without a subscription to their service(s) but
that will incur the full callout cost of the engineer and they can't tell me
the phone number without a service contract so LLU providers can't identify
the line ...

Dylan
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk