[Gllug] Thanks!

Graham Freeman graham.freeman at cernio.com
Sat Mar 28 21:46:54 UTC 2009

Hi, folks,

I saw some of you at today's GLLUG meeting at the University of
Westminster, and I wanted to say "thanks!" for scheduling your meeting
so as to perfectly fit in to my travel plans.   I sincerely appreciate
it.   :)

Sorry I wasn't able to stick around for the participatory part of the
OpenStreetMaps talk.   I'm looking forward to resuming work on my
project to setup OpenStreetMaps mapping on my Nokia N800 in my car,
connected via a 3G-and-wifi-enabled Soekris net5501 running some SSD-
and-unreliable-power-tolerant Linux distribution.   That project had
to go on the back burner last month due to a datacenter move project,
but after today's talk I'm eager to resume work on it.

Thanks also to the organizers (too often a thankless job!)  and to the
other presenters - I particularly appreciated the info about reliable
backend storage for EC2, and the 'dpkg --'('g'|'s')'et-selections'
commands were completely new to me.

Until next time,

Graham Freeman
Cernio Technology Cooperative