[Gllug] [O/T] Grr... new keyboard

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 20:00:55 UTC 2009

On 11 Mar 2009, at 19:40, Harry Rickards wrote:
> What about when you're on a computer with restricted Internet access
> and no local mail client
> (you might even be forced to use windows!), and your webmails blocked.

That sort of setup normally only occurs in a corporate setting. If
your webmail is blocked, it's a rather unsubtle hint that you should
probably be doing your job instead of goofing off on mailing lists.

In any case, if you care enough, it's usually trivial to use PuTTY to
make encrypted tunnels to your Linux box on the outside, and from
there you can use Mutt or whatever to skive to your heart's content.
Without the need to top-post.

[...]
> Sorry for top posting, it's my webmail client - Horde MIMP

Is this one of those infuriating British Rail "sorry"s where you don't
actually care about what others think, but think that automatically-
generated platitudes might stop people wanting to throttle you?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk