[Gllug] [O/T] Grr... new keyboard

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu Mar 12 04:14:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:00:55PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2009, at 19:40, Harry Rickards wrote:
> That sort of setup normally only occurs in a corporate setting. If
> your webmail is blocked, it's a rather unsubtle hint that you should
> probably be doing your job instead of goofing off on mailing lists.
>
> In any case, if you care enough, it's usually trivial to use PuTTY to
> make encrypted tunnels to your Linux box on the outside, and from
> there you can use Mutt or whatever to skive to your heart's content.
> Without the need to top-post.

To be honest the price of "mobile broadband" also has come down alot so
rather than risking loss of job, just not using their network or equipement
is starting to become a viable alturnative. For infrequent users T-mobile have
a nice offer where you only pay 2 pounds a day when you use it, a pre-pay
type setup.

Personally, I have many times used ssh-proxy through firewalls and run my
ssh demon on ports 22, 23, 80 and 443! Allowing me through most proxies.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk