[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator / PHP Developer

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Tue Mar 31 10:39:04 UTC 2009

John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> writes:

> 2009/3/30  <gllug at jameslaver.com>:
>> I'm tempted to throw my weight behind a plan to create a jobs only
>> list, however. Not because I think we need one, but because I think
>> we need to not have another pointless argument about whether jobs
>> belong on the list or not.
>>
>> Every time some fuckwit
> I'm a lot more concerned about bad language on this list as opposed to
> a genuine small company in London looking for Linux skilled staff.
> I'd rather have David Winter on this list anytime rather than you.

As someone who likes to occasionally work, I concur wholeheartedly with
this remark.

In addition, the mere fact that a poster has taken the time to read and
obey the rules required to post job vacancy adverts to this list implies
a minimum standard of decency I want in the companies I to work for.

Due to reasons out of my control I am currently stuck in a job which
doesn't meet this minimum standard and I am grateful that I can assume
jobs advertised here do.

Regarding the job in question, it's just a shame the salary is so low.

And PHP of course, but if I can put up with Oracle and SLES, I can put
up with PHP.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk