[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator / PHP Developer

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Mar 30 21:57:46 UTC 2009

gllug at jameslaver.com wrote:
> This isn't a list for jobs as has been repeatedly established by the list admins.

<fx>Dons list admin hat</fx>

Not true.  Job postings from directly from companies are welcome on this
list, within the guidelines established in the FAQ.  Specifically, see
point 9 of http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq/#id2556990

"If you are posting an advert for a job vacancy your subject line should
begin with '*VACANCY:* ' and include some sensible text describing your
message. Only post if your message contains all relevant information.".....

The OP has manifestly complied with these rules, so I don't see your
problem.

> Every time some fuckwit posts a job to a list that isn't designated for jobs, I renew my hate hump for recruiters who think they're better than
> everyone who follows the rules.

If I were you, I would consider apologising for this remark.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk