[Gllug] how safe is linux against identity thief

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:52:59 UTC 2009

2009/3/26 Lucy Peters <lucypeters at mail.com>:

> I am trying to rebuild my confidence with my ubuntu 8.10 in web browsing and
> online shopping. Do you think it is advisable to install tor to protect me
> from identity thief when i go online shopping and banking ? What about
> foxyproxy ? Would it help to protect my privacy ?

Try answering some of the earlier questions and then maybe we can
advise. What makes you think your account was compromised through a
flaw in your browser security? Unless you know how it was compromised,
it's hard to protect against a similar attack in the future...

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk