[Gllug] speed up bootup

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Mar 17 00:26:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 00:02 +0000, Diana Scott wrote:

> When my ubuntu boot up the orange bar seemed to pause under the logo
> letter B for almost 55 seconds and then complete to fill up to the
> right.
>
> I have installed bootchart from the site but I couldn't find the icon
> in the system.
>
> Do you know where i can find it ?

I'm afraid not, but you can invoke a text start up, which will show you
what's going on at the point at which it hangs.  You might find that
it's at the point of starting your networking if you have ipv6 enabled
on an ipv4-only network.  I had just that problem with a temporary
Mandriva installation.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk