[Gllug] how safe is linux against identity thief

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Wed Mar 25 08:40:13 UTC 2009

Martyn Drake <martyn at drake.org.uk> writes:

> Let's clear up one fact about adoption.  If you're adopted, your
> mother is your mother regardless.  Motherhood goes a lot further than
> just genetics.  I'd avoid saying "real" mother, or "real" father as it
> tends to piss off those who are adopted or have adopted and would urge
> people to think a little bit more before engaging brain.
>
> Sorry to sound snarky, but it's an important detail albeit a small one.

What? Were you the adopted one?

Actually in all seriousness it takes a conscious mental effort to
remember that two of my brothers aren't my 'real' brothers as they have
been treated exactly the same as the rest of us. Although they're
step-brothers not adopted.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk