[Gllug] make dist - ignore CVS subdirs

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 30 19:19:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, March 30, 2009 21:07, Nuno Pedrosa wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Monday 30 March 2009, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:
>> Since this group appears to be all-knowing, somebody please answer the
>> following - how do I get "make dist" to ignore all CVS subdirectories in
>> the tree ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Salsaman.
>> http://lives.sourceforge.net
>
> This seams very odd to me. I am using subvsersion, not CVS in several
> projects
> and autotools "make dist" does not include any of the .svn dirs. It should
> be
> the same for CVS.
> Make sure there is no CVS entry in any Makefile.am for the SUBDIRS
> variable.
>
> hope it helps,
>
> Nuno
> --

Aha - yes that is it, in EXTRA_DIST, I have for example

menu-entries/*

which packages everything under the menu-entries directory, including CVS.

I could change this to specify the exact files instead of using the
wildcard, but is there a better way to just exclude CVS ?

Cheers,
Salsaman.
http://lives.sourceforge.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk