[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Mar 2 15:05:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:50:34PM -0000, James wrote:
> > http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-TrackMan-Marble-Wheel-Mac/dp/B00004L8IG
> >

> Alas I hadn't seen these (nor did any local shop have anything similar)
>
> > Or did you buy one of these monsters?
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optical-Marble-Mouse-USB/dp/B00005T406/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_2
>
> Yes. That would be the damn thing.

Aha.  Although I appreciate that those are usable by lefties, I've
always found them clumsy.  The first type I linked to are much better,
IMO; only your thumb has to move and you can achieve very delicate and
precise control with them.  I have happily played games like Quake and
WoW using one (trackballs have a particular advantage for such games
because they never move and can be stationed permanently directly beside
your kb, for those times when you need to switch quickly from using both
kb and mouse to full-on kb frenzy).

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.