[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 09:38:53 UTC 2009

On Wed 25 Mar, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> So did you have a question or just a really exciting tale?
>
> /joel

   I take it that you do not have any views or further information on this.
I can either remain on a BT provided connection about a mile from my local
exchange, (current sync at 8128 on ADSL with BT ADSL2+ available), or be
moved to an LLU connection (estimated at 5000 for ADSL and just under 6000
with ADSL2+).
   The expected rates with FTTC would be around 40,000 and not available via
LLU. I would expect BT to ignore existing LLU lines and move their own feeds
to FTTC. BT would be happy to move to FTTC as it would ease their physical
congestion problems close to the exchange.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk