[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Wed Mar 25 09:46:02 UTC 2009

On 25 Mar 2009, at 09:38, Chris Bell wrote:

> On Wed 25 Mar, Joel Bernstein wrote:
>

>> So did you have a question or just a really exciting tale?
>>
>> /joel
>
>   I take it that you do not have any views or further information on
> this.
> I can either remain on a BT provided connection about a mile from my
> local
> exchange, (current sync at 8128 on ADSL with BT ADSL2+ available),
> or be
> moved to an LLU connection (estimated at 5000 for ADSL and just
> under 6000
> with ADSL2+).
>   The expected rates with FTTC would be around 40,000 and not
> available via
> LLU. I would expect BT to ignore existing LLU lines and move their
> own feeds
> to FTTC. BT would be happy to move to FTTC as it would ease their
> physical
> congestion problems close to the exchange.

You still haven't asked a question or for any advice. Shouldn't you
worry more about the quality of service provided by the ISP and less
about the last mile provision? Seriously, reading back, you don't
appear to have asked a question. Your subject suggests one but then
the message body doesn't do more than muse on LLU vs non-LLU provision..

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk