[Gllug] Pricing for a domain

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:01:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:56 PM, tid <td at bloogaloo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been approached by someone offering to buy a domain name I own.
> Does anyone
> know if there are any metrics for pricing of domain names, or indeed
> of pitfalls of
> selling domain names? I'm aware that domains, like a lot of things are
> only worth
> what people are prepared to pay for them, but as I'm pretty broke at
> the moment, want
> to get decent value.

The sky is the limit.

I arrived by accident a few days ago to a site that actually valuated a
domain based on traffic statistics (sorry, no name), so you may want to
google for that.

I would google for people with past experiences doing this, and if in any
doubt I would aim rather high (high being a most subjective word in this
case ....)