[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator / PHP Developer

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:05:09 UTC 2009

David,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:13 AM, David Winter <david at fatbeehive.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all those who responded courteously. I'd just like to say
> that I'm not just 'some recruiter', I actually work for the company
> where the vacancy is. I took the time to check the FAQ and abide by
> the job posting rules and didn't find anywhere saying postings
> couldn't be made to the general list.

I think 99% of us realise that, and as has been eloquently stated
already, your post was absolutely spot on.  Thank you for making the
effort.

> Have to say I'm shocked at some of the responses this posting has had,
> some of which I've found insulting, which, unfortunately, has made me
> hesitant as to whether I'd want to attend further meet-ups because of
> the people that may be attending them.

With my own gllug admin hat on, let me say how sad that makes me feel.
 I'm very sorry you've been upset by a minority of folk with strong
views on the subject of recruitment.  I do hope you persevere - I
firmly believe that small businesses and LUGs should be partners and
friends - supporting and helping each other.  If do hope we don't lose
your friendship.

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith