[Gllug] Region Free DVDs - petition

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Mon Mar 23 14:11:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 01:37:41PM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:

> You may want to sign this petition:
>
> 	http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/DVD-region-free/

So, the people who sign want the Prime Minister to *personally* remove
region-encoding from DVDs? Somehow I'm not sure that's going to work....

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to make it legal to sell
non-region-locked DVD players" may work better.

Also, thanks to the wonderful difference between NTSC and PAL, the MPEG files
onthe DVD are going to be slightly different - different resolution and frame
rates.

Dan
--
You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have,
for instance.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk