[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator / PHP Developer

gllug at jameslaver.com gllug at jameslaver.com
Mon Mar 30 15:16:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 02:51:58PM +0100, Justin Perreault wrote:
> A similar response of "Thanks for speaking for all of us, especially
> those of us who agree with your opinion." does not seem to be generated
> when a negative opinion is posted.
>
> The job is not one that I would want. The posting seemed to cover all
> the bases for me to determine that. Overall, the poster put in the
> needed effort such that I was able to consider the offer and reject it.
> With all of that it mind, it is the kind of job posting I would rather
> see should this company choose to inquire about other jobs they have
> available. Of course having them post a job I do want would be great.
>
> What is your opinion?
>
> Justin

If I was looking for a job (as I was recently), then I'm quite capable of putting my CV on the job boards (or if I weren't so damn lazy, actually
search for jobs on the boards).

This isn't a list for jobs as has been repeatedly established by the list admins.

I'm tempted to throw my weight behind a plan to create a jobs only list, however. Not because I think we need one, but because I think we need to not
have another pointless argument about whether jobs belong on the list or not.

Every time some fuckwit posts a job to a list that isn't designated for jobs, I renew my hate hump for recruiters who think they're better than
everyone who follows the rules.

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk