[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 16:41:20 UTC 2009

On Friday, 27 Mar 2009, Tethys wrote:
>In contrast, much of the South East of England is urbanised, a *huge*
>area to cover, with many, many more households. I'd love higher speed
>Internet access, but someone has to pay for it, and to be honest, I'm
>not saturating my current 8Mb/s anyway.

Quite. What's with current generation ADSL as "stupid slow"? I'm on
512Kb/s and it's plenty fast enough.

Sure, if you're torrenting up the world you might want more, but you
can hardly expect the government to install infrastructure primarily
for criminal purposes; and it's optimistic to think that industry will
install it when ever more draconian rules are coming in an attempt to
cut that traffic and make life difficult for the providers of the
infrastructure.

Today is First Potmos, April.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk