[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Sat Mar 28 00:27:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 22:01 +0000, Nix wrote:

> Boy d'you think you could let your biases hang out a bit more? We don't
> see enough political flaming on the net.

No "political bias" here - I'm just frustrated that this crowd of
criminals got into power by pretending to be cleaner than the last bunch
of criminals.  As the old song says: "It doesn't matter who you vote
for, the Government always gets in"!

> (Do you seriously think that there were no other calls on government
> money? Do you seriously think that the govt as then was would have
> subsidized BT to that extent? It had much more politically important
> things to spend money on, e.g. subsidizing incompetent train companies.)

Actually, when you consider the mess that this country is in, fibre
communication links SHOULD come quite high up on their list.

> > This "government".
>
> Yeah, the scare quotes are really useful. We don't actually have a
> government: the UK is *just* like, say, Somalia.

In terms of the degree of corruption, we're actually worse than many
"third world" countries.  The stench from Whitehall is becoming
overpowering.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk