[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 22:10:08 UTC 2009

On 27 Mar 2009, David Damerell told this:
> Quite. What's with current generation ADSL as "stupid slow"? I'm on
> 512Kb/s and it's plenty fast enough.

Likewise. I'd say I wait for something for a noticeable amount of time
about once in six months. That's not often enough to care about, and is
barely enough to remember.

> Sure, if you're torrenting up the world you might want more, but you
> can hardly expect the government to install infrastructure primarily
> for criminal purposes;

You forgot the majority use of the internet: huge pornographic videos.

Of course the govt should subsidise that.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk