[Gllug] OPENSUSE 11.1 - GRUB PASSWORD ERROR

Mohan mk at nerdplanet.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 08:53:54 UTC 2009

Hi

I have set the password as the single character 'a' and when i run the
grubbrute.pl with a file which has a - z each per new line
the grub brute.pl correctly reports that the password is a. But still
the grub reports error when i type the correct password.
I have grub version 0.97 installed and i am sure its calling the right
menu.lst file because any changes i make in the file is
reflected in the grub menu. I did remove all the lock statements and
tried with just the password statement still the same error.

Thanks for pointing me to the grubbrute.txt its really fantastic.

Any help would me much appreciated.

--
Regards,
Mohan.