[Gllug] OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:57:43 UTC 2009

2009/4/30 James Laver <james.laver at gmail.com>:
> Anyone bothered to get one yet?
>
> I thought I'd get one while they're cheap and I just ordered. It'll
> make a change from the assumption there is only iphone and g1.
>
> Now, which network do I put it on?
>
> --James

I think the OpenMoko follows the industrial trend in that voice
quality on mobile phones is getting worse and worse.
I have an old Nokia 6310 (brick) that has excellent voice quality.
My latest Nokia E66 has just OK voice quality. The voice is much more
likely to cut out. I imagine that it is due to it being less good at
RF than my old 6310.
The OpenMoko seems to have problems with the mic.
Don't any hardware developers actually test these devices for basic
features, like "Can it make a simple voice call and can one hear it?"
"Does its RF capabilities at least equal or better the previous model?"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk