[Gllug] Which architecture?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon May 4 09:02:25 UTC 2009

lesleyb at herlug.org.uk wrote (of amd64 Debian installation):
> So far so good.  I have no control over audio sound at the moment and it isn't playing the BBC videos in iceweasel.

The Beeb seem to have done all they can to make iPlayer as inaccessible
as possible.  Unfortunately you need Realplayer to access it and AFAIK,
there isn't yet a version of that for 64-bit browsers.

The workaround is to install the 32 bit compatibility libraries and a
32-bit copy of IceWeasel (or genuine Firefox even).  Then you can
install the RealPlayer plug in for 32-bit Linux - provided you don't
mind the licence issues.

Cheers,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk