[Gllug] GP2X Wiz

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun May 17 12:01:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:40:01PM +0100, Alex Smith wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X_Wiz
> >
> > Just been released a few days ago, and allegedly it costs around
> > 120GBP, although that doesn't include VAT, shipping or any import
> > taxes they might hit you with.
> >
> > This one looks more 'serious' than the previous ones, and includes 3D
> > hardware, which starts to make it more interesting.  The price is
> > right too.
> >

> http://openpandora.org/
>
> Looks more interesting, has better connectivity, etc. Probably a
> bajillon pounds more though

Doesn't look like these exist to buy yet :-(

The GP2X is interesting because it's the third(?) in the series of
these machines, and so the Korean guys making them have some
experience.  Apparently they shipped 60,000 of the previous model, the
GP2X.

Anyway, I do have a bit of a passion for wasting money on these
machines, so maybe I'll get both :-)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones