[Gllug] Which architecture?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue May 5 13:24:41 UTC 2009

Juergen Schinker wrote:
> No Karanbir made this stupid statement
> The so called "iplayer" is certainly an app in the Windows-world but
> in the Linux world it's just a Website where you can stream Flash-files
> because AFAIK there is no Linux-Client.

Juergen,

I dont think you either know what the iPlayer is or have used it. Eg.
using only the flash components, I can do plenty of things like look at
schedules, change the channels I want to watch, change the resolution
the stream runs at etc, all of which are quite beyond just a flash
stream for video content.

Maybe this whole internet thing is new to you, spend a bit of time and
look around.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk