[Gllug] OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon May 4 23:22:27 UTC 2009

On 30 Apr 2009, David Damerell said:

> On Thursday, 30 Apr 2009, James Laver wrote:
>>I too use a cheap nokia, and unlike all my friends' phones, it never
>>crashes, fails or arses up. I don't even know the model number. I do
>>know you can get one for a tenner on virgin mobile though.
>
> I am fortunate enough never to have owned a mobile phone (if you are
> issued one by your employer, you don't have to agonise over what to
> get) and I really miss cheap solid pre-Symbian Nokias.

I own a mobile phone (a not-very-cheap symbian Nokia, issued to me by my
sister: the sole criteria were PAYG, small, and a flip cover).

It's never crashed: mind you all I do with it is texting and the
occasional phone call, so you'd hope it wouldn't have the opportunity
to: but I've heard tell of phones that crash when you do things like
bring a bluetooth headset into range while a call is active...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk