[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs,

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Wed May 13 08:36:36 UTC 2009

2009/5/13 t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk>:

> Vim seems better than vi, but for me using function keys is easier than
> weird kjey-sequences I can never remember!

I've been mentally keeping a record of how long it takes me to remember
and forget key bindings in vi & emacs. I tend to remember specific key
sequences after four or five days of consistent useage. After about 2
months of not using emacs at all, I have forgotten all but the basic key
presses. I'm not sure why this is ( probably early onset dementia ) but
my brain clearly stores keypresses in a different part of my memory
from numbers since I can remember every telephone number I've ever
lived at.

Tid.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk