[Gllug] Making a local Debian secondary mirror

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sun May 31 22:35:44 UTC 2009

On Sun 31 May, John Winters wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
> [snip]
> >    I am trying to do an overnight partial mirror as a non-root user from
> > what is already a secondary mirror, place it in a specified local cache, and
> > then link that to the apache server in the box.
>
> debmirror seems the ideal package for you.  I couldn't find either of
> the two others which you mentioned (anonftpsync and ftpsync) in the
> Debian package list.
>
> John

   I have been battling with the configuration for days, trying to decide
how to split the source and destination address information to get the
correct results, but I think I may now have something that works. You will
find ftpsync hidden in the Debian web pages about mirrors, although
anonftpsync is no longer supplied. It can create an rsync mirror of the
current Debian site together with your selection from all the architectures
and distributions from old stable to unstable and experimental. I can then
take the completed mirror offline and use it elsewhere, returning to do
another rsync run later. If you decide to try it yourself I suggest you
check whether my configuration has really worked for me this time.

Chris Bell NEW address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk