[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sun May 10 11:37:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:22:16AM +0100, Harry wrote:

> I thought it was installed by default in Debian and Ubuntu, and was
> brought up when a fsck failed?

It's an optional package on Debian and certainly not part of the default
installation.  I'm no ubuntu expert but I don't believe that a standard
busybox package is installed by default; what I think you'll find
installed is a package called busybox-initramfs.  It's used for creating
initrd images and its files are all in /usr, so wouldn't be available.

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick