[Gllug] Firewalls suddenly blocking port 80? But how? And howcan I check with no web access which device?

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Mon Nov 16 15:35:55 UTC 2009

       ^     ^--------- 'grouping', ie: just treat (?:TH|IS)
       |                 as a logical group (in this case, valid matches
       |                 are 'TH' or 'IS')
       `--------------- 'capture', ie: both treat as a logical group and
                         also remember the contents of the part that matched.

>>  (?:files?|director(?:y|ies))

So... 'file' optionally followed by 's', OR 'director' followed by
      EITHER 'y' or 'ies'.

Regular expressions are extremely useful tools in the current age of
information plenty.  They allow simple specification of text match
and extraction rules.  I strongly recommend to anyone who hasn't looked
at them yet to do so ASAP!  You won't regret it.

There's some good relatively language-neutral info at
 http://regular-expressions.info/
... as well as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expressions

- Walter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk