[Gllug] Exporting a compiz screen.

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 10:29:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 05:17:35AM +0000, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do any of you know if it's possible to export a compiz virtual desktop
> to another machine?
> I have a spare machine that I've just put Kubuntu on and I was wondering
> if there's a way to export one side of my main machines cube to it? Tips
> from anyone who's accomplished this very welcome, as are any warnings
> from those who've tried and failed or know that it can't be done.

x11vnc allows an entire X11 session to be connected to by VNC.
This will be everything you see with all the virtual desktops,
rather than just one virtual desktop.

There is a similar programs for Gnome (vino) and KDE (krfb)
which I have not used that may be able to limit access to
certain virtual desktops, though I doubt it.