[Gllug] TV ExpressCard/USB - any recommendations/avoids?

Phil Reynolds phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue Nov 17 09:51:33 UTC 2009

I am considering getting a TV card for my laptop, either ExpressCard
or USB. It must, of course, support DVB-T, hopefully without subtitle
problems. Support for analogue TV would be nice, but not essential.
If, in the case of either digital or both, it can support standards
used elsewhere in Europe, that will also be good. I will need one that
can take an external aerial. AV connections are not essential.

Of course, I will want one that can do all of this under Linux. I am
not bothered about recording support - I would not normally
contemplate leaving the laptop out in order to use it.

Are there any good cards that meet these requirements? Any to avoid?

I am considering this as a replacement for my existing camping TV.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk