[Gllug] Wanted - small (20, 30, 40gb) ide disks for kids' computers

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Mon Nov 16 23:21:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 07:22 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Why specifically small drives?  BIOS problems/limitations?

Not that I know of, just for the purpose they are put to - playing Club
Penguin and so forth - 40gb is quite ample size to dual boot seeing as
all files are stowed on the house fileserver via nfs or samba! I'm
trying not to be greedy and to use up otherwise useless size machinery
to get its ecological value out of it. But if 160gb is all that is
available then... !!

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite
world is either a madman or an economist."
Kenneth Boulding, Economist.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk