[Gllug] Wanted - small (20, 30, 40gb) ide disks for kids' computers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Nov 19 22:45:23 UTC 2009

On 19 Nov 2009, damion yates said:
> At the BBC the Unix team built everything from their desks, via serial
> consoles and netbooting, but occasionally we'd need to venture down to
> the datacentre, where we'd see the Windows engineers in coats installing
> by cdrom.

Why in coats? Was it really cold in there? Was this a fashion thing? Is
this some strange but necessary ritual for XP installs? (I have to do
one this weekend, onto qemu of course, so I care about this. I know
about the three female goats and virgin's blood -- thankfully easy to
obtain -- but my understanding is that as of Win2K the black candles no
longer need to be made of human brown fat but can be brown or white fat
from any primate.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk