[Gllug] Desktops with preinstalled linux

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Nov 25 20:35:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 11:45 +0000, general_email at technicalbloke.com
wrote:

> Really? Haven't looked at Cartridge World specifically (yet!) but from
> looking at a bunch of site/catalogs I can see 3rd party HP carts are
> generally around the £13/cart mark while 3rd party Epson & Canon are
> around £2/cart. That's a hell of a difference.

As I said in an article I wrote the other day "you have to compare
kibbles with kibbles"!

You'll find that the capacity of the HP cartridges exceeds that of many
of the other manufacturers.  My most recent experience of comparing ink
jet printers showed that I could get almost 11 times as many pages out
of a £11.50 "re-manufactured" HP cartridge as I could out of a £4
"re-manufactured" Lexmark one, that claimed to have the same cubic
capacity.  Other manufacturers may vary, but I'm happy to stick with the
HP for the time being.

HP also provide very capable software for their printers under Linux!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk