[Gllug] Take a look at my photos on Facebook

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Mon Nov 16 01:33:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 23:47 +0000, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> 2009/11/5 Benjamin Donnachie <benjamin at py-soft.co.uk>:
> > I feel quite dirty admitting it, but I actually like Windows 7 and my
> > experiences so far have been quite positive.
>
> I take it back...  I got a laptop for work on Thursday, promptly
> installed Windows 7 and now on my fourth or fifth blue screen... Sigh!

<Laughs maniacally>  What did I tell you... ?

I moaned, ranted and complained about the instability of Microsoft's
"Latest and Greatest" and was told that I was wrong, and that Windows 7
was "perfect" and "couldn't" Blue Screen!

Upon further examination, (by trying a few system calls from the "old
days"), I find that Windows 7 is just the same old NT mess with a new,
shinier desktop.  What a shambles!  The most galling thing about the
whole affair is that they expect their victims to PAY to be Beta
Testers!

I have now returned several Windows 7 disks, for new machines I've had
to buy, after rejecting the EULA at first boot.  There is a screen that
says "if you don't agree with the EULA, click the "Not Accepted" button
and contact your computer supplier".  I've done this several times now,
and our suppliers are starting to get the message.  I was actually
offered a couple of Lenovo machines without operating systems on them!

Bah!

Chris

Remember - if "Windows" is the answer, it was a stupid question!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk