[Gllug] Firewalls suddenly blocking port 80? But how? And how can I check with no web access which device?

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sat Nov 14 23:29:23 UTC 2009

On Sat 14 Nov, M.Blackmore wrote:

> Anyone got an instruction booklet or a web page they could email me the
> text of for a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4-2, the booklet has disappeared amidst
> structural repair building works :-( so I can't reset it or access it as
> don't remember settings after all this time.
>
> I'm completely stumped on this one ... like totally ... and need some
> spoonfeeding quick or daughter #1 isn't going to get her homework done
> for Monday :-(( and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. Like a lot of
> disabled people I have come to rely inordinately on web access to occupy
> my life in the absence of more active pursuits :-<
>
> Many thanks
> Malcolm

   Have you tried removing power for a minute from the modem?
   If you know the admin password for the IPCop box, it is probably
configured with the green interface as the x.x.x.1 address with the x.x.x.
the same as the computers that it connects to, so log in to
https://x.x.x.1:445 with the username admin, select status - network status,
and read the IP address of the red interface. It is probably something like
y.y.y.2 where y.y.y.1 is the web address of the modem administration pages.
   Log in to the modem and view its html setup pages on your normal web
browser. Many default passwords are obvious, such as the same as the default
username or a series of numbers. If you can see anything such as a login
page it will show that port 80 is probably getting through the IPCop box.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk