[Gllug] Firewalls suddenly blocking port 80? But how? And how can I check with no web access which device?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 15 07:41:33 UTC 2009

2009/11/15 general_email at technicalbloke.com <general_email at technicalbloke.com>:
> M.Blackmore wrote:
>> Overnight whilst switched off something sinister happened.

You are assuming that the problem is at 'your end'. I know it sounds
unlikely - and everyone else using your ISP would be affected - but
have you checked your ISP's status page (Arghhh - you can't do that.
No Port 80)Maybe the snafu is with them.

In addition to the good advice of using tcpdump, here are three other
useful tools you should have on a client PC :

ping
traceroute
nmap

nmap www.google.com returns: