[Gllug] Why we still like CRTs

Thu Nov 19 12:54:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:02:00 +0000
Peter Childs <peterachilds at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Points for CRT's

I know someone who found that when they upgraded all their CRTs to LCDs
they had to bump up the heating in the building because it was
noticeably cooler in the winter.
I don't know whether this is a good or a bad thing.

CRTs are also so much more durable than LCDs. Not just droppable, more
happy with dust (and liquids) and power supplies so dirty they're
practically toxic. We've started putting LCDs in the factories because
CRTs are getting harder to get and LCDs have got cheap to replace. It's
a bit of a shame to be buying disposable monitors, but such is the
way of the world...

*hugs CRT*

--
Avi Greenbury