[Gllug] TV ExpressCard/USB - any recommendations/avoids?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Nov 18 23:33:34 UTC 2009

On 17 Nov 2009, at 21:01, Christopher Hunter wrote:
[...]
> At 1080 lines, the number of pixels is roughly 5 times that on 625
> lines.  However, because the broadcasters are not broadcasting real
> HD,
> and because the TVs currently available aren't anywhere near the
> quality
> attainable with even a cheap CRT set, the results are of much less
> quality than is being touted!

May I suggest a good optician?

I can't speak for off-air signals since I don't actually watch TV, but
the 1080p TV I acquired a while back wipes the floor with the grubby
old raster gun it replaced. It's got a high enough resolution that
it's practical to use it as a computer monitor, for a start. And the
headache-inducing 50Hz flicker is no more!

CRTs are not a technology I will ever be nostalgic for.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk