[Gllug] wicd manager

lucypeters at mail.com lucypeters at mail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:09:01 UTC 2009

> Right. This worked fine before, something
has changed. So far the only
> (remaining) changes from when we
started this thread, is to hardwire the
> network settings in
to the wan config on the wifi router.

Can you clarify how to hardwire the network settings in to the wan config on the wifi router ?

> What other changes exist in the configuration on your wifi router and
> laptop?
>
> We should be able to go back to the laptop being able to ping the wifi
> router, only this time it should also be able reach the Internet.
>
> As we now know the wifi router is safely attached to your cable Internet
> connection, you can safely faff around with the wifi attached device,
> maybe reboot XP (if trying that), restart wicd etc.

By using the same wifi settings, I was able to boot up both wired and wirelessly from windows xp . Whereas in linux, I could only able to boot up wired. Do you know why the wifi settings can boot up wirelessly in windows xp but not in linux?

Lucy