[Gllug] Windows 7

Benjamin Goodacre roger at rabbit.name
Mon Nov 23 09:50:01 UTC 2009

I think that one of the problems is that decision makers don't 'care' about the subject like we do. Even if they could be persuaded that Linux is better etc etc they do not want to bother learning anything which does not behave exactly like Outlook/Windows. Even if TCO of Windows can be proved to be > Linux they simply don't care as they dont want to have to spend time out of their day learning a new OS. There is a 'not in my back yard' reasoning where change of IT is fine so long as it does not affect their desktop. It was easy for me to persuade DMs that moving to Apache was a good idea but a move away from Windows for desktops? No chance.

Benjamin