[Gllug] Escaping Exchange (was: Take a look at my photos on Facebook)

Neil Tancock neil at safeharbourit.co.uk
Sat Nov 7 08:46:50 UTC 2009

Hiya guys, I'm a newb to the list and this is my first post!

This isn't exactly Linux/GPL solution, but have you looked at workgroup
share?  It provides some exchange services (inc calendaring) on a
peer-to-peer basis.  I've implemented it a few times and although it's a
commercial product, it's a lot less expensive than Exchange and might give
you the filler you need until you can find a proper solution?
http://www.softalkltd.com/products/workgroupshare/

On an Exchange replacement note, I've been asked to install Zimbra for a
client next week - does anyone have any thoughts on Zimbra or an
alternative?  What's a good OS to put it on?  Is there an ISO version.....
:-)

Many thanks,

-Neil
Neil Tancock
Safeharbour Technology
          Your IT Department for commercial information and communication
technology
IT | Communications | Consultancy | Support
phone:
National: 0845 644 3607
London: 0207 183 3709
Westcountry: 01803 500101
mob: 07812 114784
email: neil at safeharbourit.co.uk
web: www.safeharbourit.co.uk

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the
terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing terms of
business.