[Gllug] MS grumbles (was: take a lookat my photos on Facebook)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Nov 6 11:04:15 UTC 2009

On 6 Nov 2009, at 10:07, John G Walker wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 23:56:58 +0000 Dan Kolb <gllug at eco.li> wrote:
[...]
> That's fine. Its a good attitude to take to selling a cheap product
> that
> doesn't do very much. What's shocking is that this remains the core of
> a multi-user, networked computer.

... albeit one that is more typically only used by a single person
with occasional guest usage.

Like, say, a mobile phone. Go on, how many of those have useful PIN
locks or other access control, and how many people bother to enable
the feature?

I'd hazard a guess that most people's mobile phones contain about the
same amount of sensitive data as their computer. The police have big
forensics departments to break into and access data on seized phones
because it's so fruitful.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk