[Gllug] Router under attack: help/advice needed

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Oct 6 23:59:21 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, 30 Sep 2009, David Damerell wrote:
>On Wednesday, 30 Sep 2009, Andrew Farnsworth wrote:
>>My server receives SSH login attempts on a regular basis.  These are
>>dictionary attacks against various usernames and have not succeeded
>>in gaining access to my system.
>This has been going on for ages now - months if not years.

Up until now I'd get 3-4 messages from denyhosts a day. From Friday,
337, with the rate tapering off as individual tainted machines got
hit. Anyone else see this spike?

Yesterday was Second Brieday, September.
Today is Second Gouday, September.
Tomorrow will be Second Chedday, September - a weekend.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk