[Gllug] Combine multiple pdf files to single document

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Tue Oct 6 15:30:16 UTC 2009

On: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:00:01 +0100  Tethys <tethys at gmail.com> wrote:

> <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >> http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
> >
> > That page tells lies:
> >
> > "Olé! SuSE provides pdftk with their latest versions."
> >
> > First it suggests OpenSUSE version 10 is the latest version. Second,
> > the link doesn't work. And third, you can't get Yast to obtain it fro
> > version 10 anyway. It wasn't found.
> >
> > Given the age of that page, I'm wondering if there's support for the
> > package any more,
>
> It's been present in Fedora since IIRC F9 or so. I used it extensively
> during the preparation of my girlfriend's book. Sadly, the Java-ness
> pulls in 34MB of dependencies for a 91K app. But such is life. Anyway,
> I find it indispensable for messing around with PDFs. Highly
> recommended.

Thanks for the tip. It's certainly available for OpenSuSE 11.0, though not
installed by default.

YAST listed it for me under a software management search, though
I'm not sure from which of the repositories that I subscribe to it has just
fetched and installed it for me.

The man page seems quite extensive.

Christopher Currie
--